Saturday, November 7, 2009

pups and props.

i need a big, fluffy, slobbery pup. big+fluffy+slobbery= a best friend who is loyal and true. there was a great pyrenees that frequented a place i used to work that looked like this:

look how preciously cute.
behold how gallantly noble.

and overall affectionately wonderful.
though i don't think he would be too happy here in austin, tex ass with me, i need this polar bear dog in my life and would consider closing up shop for such a treasure.

it wasn't until a few months ago or so, that i realized, hey hannah you are all grown up. and to be honest, i guess i had been waiting for this one moment to happen where the clouds roll back and the trumpets sound and God descends from the heavens with a written scroll declaring, "THIS IS IT. YOU ARE GROWN UP."
but that didn't happen, and that's okay because i've never been one for big hootenannies and to dos. but when i realized it, i understood it, and though sometimes i don't feel like i'm okay, i am anyway. it feels good to my bones to know that i have my family and i have a few friends collected up and i really am just fine.
i am working two jobs. i am cooking my dinners. i am doing my laundry regularly. i figured out my bus routes. i am speaking up for myself. i am letting people know how i feel and i am handling rejection. i am going on dates. i am hanging on to friendships and letting go of friendships when they are ready to be let go of. i am changing and rearranging and although i don't know what i am going to do with my life or what i really really want out of the rest of my life, at least i am close to figuring out me and not the me that others want me to be. cheesy? totally. but not untrue.

whew. it's good to get that out into the world, world.




so how's this for first post back after almost a year? yay? nay?

love.

No comments:

Post a Comment